92. Drivin' My Life Away - Eddie Rabbitt
- #5 for 2 Weeks in 1980 (October)
- Best higher charting song: Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
- Worst higher charting song: Woman in Love - Barbra Streisand
- Top 100 #5 Hits 1955-2004 Rank: #59
The quick country jam of Drivin' My Life Away recalls that there have been several times when country and pop were interchangeable. Surely, Eddie Rabbitt was no Taylor Swift, but his run of early 80s hits (I Love a Rainy Night, Step by Step, You and I) were made for radio classics that transcended divisions. This is probably the best of those and it uses some super charged guitar and neat counterpoint vocals to make its point and even throws in a small amount of 80s/Victorian values.
Coming up: #91 - "Turned, and chased the dollar, but it broke his heart"