#198. TiK ToK - Ke$ha
- #1 for 9 Weeks in 2010 (January - March)
- Replaced: Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Replaced by: Imma Be - The Black Eyed Peas
- Sample Headline from its Reign: 7.0-magnitude earthquake strikes Haiti.
- #2 Hits It Prevented from Reaching #1: Replay - Iyaz, Bad Romance - Lady Gaga, Today Was a Fairytale - Taylor Swift, We Are the World 25: For Haiti - Artists for Haiti
- Top 200 #1 Hits 1955-2000 Rank: New Song
In 2010, how did we know that the party had started? By someone cranking up Ke$ha's first number one hit with her as the primary artist. TiK ToK may be many things most them really stupid but TiK ToK is a great stupid song. It knows it is stupid and that, more than anything, makes it great to blast as you roll down the street.
It also gives me an excuse to post this:
From my Dane 101 Wrap Up of 2010:
It’s really a shame. This song is dumb, wrongheaded and pointless. The lyrics could have been written by a 5th grader with ADD. But Ke$ha (Her Name is Spelled Wrong) and more importantly Dr. Luke pull it off because it is such so danceable using the best of Casio demo button technology and to her credit the “oh-oo-oh-whoa”s work only because they counterpoint the staccato lyrics across the rest of the track. One wonders, though, how long this novelty can last.
Coming Up: #197 -"Milan, New York and Japan"