64. You're The Inspiration – Chicago
- #3 for 2 Weeks in 1985 (January - February)
- Best higher charting song: Like a Virgin - Madonna
- Worst higher charting song: All I Need - Jack Wagner
- Top 100 #3 Hits 1955-2002 Rank: #56
This song is not for me, but John really likes it. Indeed, it made the finals for his first dance with his wife. So, what can I say about it. Most 80s Chicago is in the AC love song category and really they owned that for the whole decade. It was a long way from their jazz-pop roots, but it also reflected a maturity of thought as well. Regardless, teenagers need songs to make-out to and pledge their undying love to each. This works for that.
Coming up: #63 - "My thoughts all seem to stray to places far away"